Asian financial services
Both operating experience and capital
Financial services & technology expertise
Strong local networks
- Investing in the most promising fintech growth companies in South East Asia (ASEAN) and Hong Kong.
- Partnering with outstanding entrepreneurs to create large, sustainable and successful businesses that rapidly increase the efficiency of financial services in the region.
- Enabling financial inclusion in the region by improving access to financial services for individuals, SMEs and corporates.
TO THE FINANCIAL SERVICES ECOSYSTEM IN THE REGION. We bring:
Deep understanding of business and technology:
Significant experience in leading fast growing and successful technology companies.
Financial Services Expertise:
Excellent knowledge of the financial services ecosystem in the region.
Unique combination of investing and operating skills:
Strong insights into how companies can utilize business strategy, execution and technology to create sustainable value.
We have led internet and technology companies with thousands of employees in the region.
Unparalleled local network and ecosystem connectivity:
We understand how local business operates, have significant relationships with key stakeholders and understand how to navigate the business environment successfully.
Global outlook and experience:
Some areas of fintech have global connectivity and we have had significant experience in working across North America, Europe and Australia, helping companies expand to and enter from those regions.
Experts in internet & technology and financial services, combining both investments expertise and P&L operational leadership. More than 200 combined years of experience in Asia and in financial services, technology and mobile.
Co-founder, Chairman & CEO
- Former CEO of jobsDB.com.
- Former CFO Asia and Vice President, Commercial & Corporate Finance, BlueScope Limited.
- Former Corporate Development, Telstra and M&A Investment Banker, SBC Warburg & Merrill Lynch.
Co-founder, Managing Director
- Former CFO of Juwai.com.
- Former CFO of jobsDB.com.
- Former Director Business Development and other Senior Finance and Operations roles at Motorola Asia Pacific.
- Board Director Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited, Singapore Technologies Kinetics Limited, and the Defence Science & Technology Agency.
- Former CXO roles at United Overseas Bank Llimited Singapore.
Datuk Oh Chong Peng
- Chairman, Alliance Financial Group.
- Former Director of RHB Bank Malaysia.
- Former APAC President, Western Union.
- Senior Advisor, GSMA.
Hans B. Sicat
- President and CEO of The Philippine Stock Exchange.
- Former senior banker at Citigroup and Salomon Brothers.
- Former CEO, Catholic Syrian Bank.
- Former CEO HSBC Indonesia.
- Various senior roles at HSBC.
Ou Shian Waei
- Chairman, AIG Malaysia.
- Board Director, Alliance Financial Group.
- Former Managing Director, IBM Malaysia.
- Director, Alibaba Group.
- Board Director, various listed companies.
- Former Managing Partner, KPMG HK and Shanghai.
- Managing Director, Forum Capital.
- Former CEO, Platinum Bank.
- Former CEO APAC Possible Worldwide.
- Former Global CEO BLUE.
- Change and transformation in financial services is happening faster than ever.
- This is driven by entrepreneurs harnessing new business models and technologies as well as fundamental changes in consumer behavior.
- Success in fintech requires a unique combination of domain knowledge, interaction and connectivity to the existing financial services ecosystem with deep understanding of internet and technology businesses.
South East Asia and HK
is an attractive fast growing region:
- The region has a large and fast growing middle class, who are rapid adopters of digital technology, mobile internet and social media and this also drives changes in the enterprise market as they adapt to this new environment.
- Financial services in the region is also rapidly growing and evolving, with many parts of the population lacking basic financial services such as bank accounts, insurance and access to credit.
- This combination creates a unique opportunity to utilize new business models and technologies to provide services across the whole value chain to a region that will continue to transform and grow rapidly.
- Fintonia understands the significant opportunities and challenges presented by the different markets in this region and can support entrepreneurs through regional and global expansion.
News & Views
We are thrilled to share that AsiaCollect have raised US$4.5m in funding.more →
AsiaKredit announces it has closed another round, this time with global technology investment firm SIG Asia Investments! Funds will be used for loan capital, to enhance its proprietary technology platform, underwriting, and collections infrastructure, as well as to develop new products.more →
CredoLab raises funds to accelerate global expansion.more →
Technology companies such as Facebook, Google and Amazon have their business models based on data and their ability to capture and utilise it. Fintonia's Adrian Chng discusses the recent technology share sell off and how consumer data and regulation is one of the key drivers behind the share market move.more →
50 Raffles Place,
#19-00 Singapore Land Tower, Singapore 048623