All news for tag: Equity CrowdFunding
Adrian ChngCo-founder, Chairman & CEO
- Adrian is a Co-Founder, Chairman and CEO of Fintonia Group. He has a strong strategy, mergers & acquisitions and corporate finance background with over a decade’s experience as a C-level executive.
- He has a track record of delivering business growth and transformation across multiple industries and geographies. He has lived in Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Australia and also worked in Europe and North America.
- Adrian is the former CEO of jobsDB.com, a leading pan-Asian job portal with 1,000 people operating in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- He previously was Chief Financial Officer, Asia at BlueScope where he helped lead the turnaround of the Asian business unit to record profitability. He was also Global Head of M&A and Corporate Finance at BlueScope where he completed over US$2.0bn in acquisitions, divestments and joint ventures.
- Prior to BlueScope, he held senior strategy and M&A leadership roles at Telstra, and started his career as an M&A investment banker with Merrill Lynch and SBC Warburg (UBS).
- Adrian graduated from The University of Melbourne with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce (first class honours average). He also attended National Taiwan University as an exchange student on a Melbourne University International Scholarship.
Ashley PunCo-founder, Managing Director
- Ashley is a Co-founder and Managing Director of Fintonia Group. He has a strong background in strategic planning, mergers & acquisitions, finance and operations in the technology and internet sectors.
- He is an experienced internet and technology leader with over 15 years experience in the sector across Asia. He has significant insights into the key success factors required at different stages of a company’s life-cycle, having experience with early stage companies all the way to global multinational companies.
- Ashley is the former CFO of Juwai.com, the leading Chinese global real estate platform connecting Chinese buyers with international agents and developers. He was also previously CFO of jobsDB.com, a leading pan-Asian job portal with 1,000 people operating in China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore and Thailand.
- Prior to jobsDB, he held senior operations and finance roles at Motorola Asia Pacific Limited and completed a number of acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures and integrations, including the acquisition of Dahua Digital Technology. Ashley started his career as an audit associate with KPMG.
- Ashley graduated from Hong Kong University with a Bachelor of Accounting.
Bill ChuaSenior Advisor
- Bill is a Board Director of Singapore Technologies Electronics Limited, Singapore Technologies Kinetics Limited and Defence Science & Technology Agency.
- Bill has over thirty four years experience in the financial services industry at UOB, Overseas Union Bank (OUB) and Citibank (Citi). He has held a number of CXO roles at UOB and has managed the front, middle and back offices at these banks, working in Institutional, Wholesale and Retail Banking. His last position was Managing Director and Head of Global Financial Institutions at UOB.
- He has led and closed major transactions in capital markets and investment banking, and successful integrated the operations at two banks after the M&A transactions. While at UOB/OUB, Bill served on several bank owned subsidiaries and/or joint ventures companies. He negotiated and implemented these joint ventures with UOB/OUB as an equal shareholder.
- He is a member of the Singapore Management University Lee Kong Chian School of Business Advisory Board, a member of the Board of Governors of SAFRA National Service Association, the honorary adviser to the Finance Committee at SAFRA, and a member of the Investment Committee at the Singapore University of Technology & Design. He was a resource member on the Parliamentary Committees of the Ministries of Finance and Trade & Industry, and the Ministries of Defence and Foreign Affairs.
- Bill was a Colombo Plan Scholar. He holds a Bachelor of Arts (Economics) and a Bachelor of Engineering Hons Class 1 (Industrial) from the University of Newcastle, Australia. He was awarded the Public Service Medal in 2004, and the Public Service Star in 2012 by the Government of Singapore.
Datuk Oh Chong PengSenior Advisor
- Datuk Oh has been Chairman of the Board of Aliance Financial Group since 2006. He is a Government-appointed member of Labuan Financial Services Authority, a Council Member of Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (UTAR) and a trustee of the UTAR Education Foundation.
- Datuk Oh currently sits on the Boards of British American Tobacco (Malaysia) Berhad, Kumpulan Europlus Berhad, Malayan Flour Mills Berhad, Dialog Group Berhad and several other companies.
- His past appointments included stints as a Government-appointed Member of the Kuala Lumpur Stock Exchange, now called Bursa Malaysia Berhad (1990-1996), member of the Malaysian Accounting Standards Board (2004-2009) as well as a Council Member (1981-2001) and President of MICPA (1994-1996).
- Datuk Oh is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales as well as a member of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) and Malaysian Institute of Accountants.
- Datuk Oh joined Coopers & Lybrand (now PricewaterhouseCoopers) in London in 1969 and in Malaysia in 1971. He was a Partner of Coopers & Lybrand Malaysia from 1974 and retired as a Senior Partner in 1997. He was with Rashid Hussain Berhad Group of Companies between 1998 and 2003.
Drina YueSenior Advisor
- Drina is a Board Director of Gemalto N.V. and a Senior Advisor Asia to GSMA (GSM Association).
- She was previously the Senior Vice President Asia Pacific for Western Union Company where she was responsible for Western Union’s business in the region. In particular, Drina was responsible for growing its core money-transfer and payment business, deploying new products, and developing innovative delivery channels while addressing new market opportunities across Asia Pacific.
- Prior to Western Union Drina held senior positions at Motorola including being the Head of the Broadband Communications, Home & Network Mobility business of Motorola in Asia Pacific for six years. In addition to her expertise in the telecommunications sector, Drina was the CEO of iSteelAsia, developing the company from the ground up to become the world's first listed steel vertical portal. Drina started her began her career at AT&T in the US.
- Drina’s past appointments include being appointed by Hong Kong Chief CW Tong to the Information Infrastructure Advisory Committee Board (2000–2004), a member of the Appeal Board, Health, Welfare, and Food Bureau (2002–2008), and appointed by HK Chief Donald Tsang to the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal Panel for the Legal Counsel from 2005–2011. She has also served on the Advisory Board of Brambles, a listed company in Australia (2012-2014).
- Drina graduated with both Bachelors and Masters of Science Degrees from the University of Illinois, Urbana.
Hans B. SicatSenior Advisor
- Hans has been President and CEO of The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) since 2011, having served as its Chairman and Independent Director from 2009-2011. He is concurrently President and CEO of the Securities Clearing Corporation of the Philippines (SCCP).
- He is also non-executive Vice Chairman and Director of LegisPro Corporation, Independent Director of Serica Balanced Fund and Master Fund, Member of Euromoney Institutional Investor Asia Advisory Board; Independent Director of the Philippine Dealing System Holdings Corporation; and Board of Trustee of Securities Investors Protection Fund; Director of Sky Cable Corporation, among others.
- Hans has more than two decades of experience as an investment banker. During this period, he worked for Citigroup and its predecessor firms Citicorp and Salomon Brothers in the Philippines, Hong Kong and New York City. He was Chief Representative of Citigroup Global Markets Asia Pacific Limited in the Philippines from July 2000 to September 2008; Director and Head for Philippine Investment Banking at Salomon Smith Barney Asia Pacific Limited from April 1996 to June 2000; and Managing Director for Asian Fixed Income (Emerging Markets) at Citicorp International from December 1993 to March 1996. He was also Vice President and Capital Markets Asia Head of Citicorp Securities, Inc. in New York City.
- Hans is a recipient of the first STOCK EXCHANGE INNOVATION AWARD by the International Stock Exchange Executives Emeriti (ISEEE) Lennar International Award given in March 2015, an awardee of the 2014 CEO EXCEL AWARD by the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) Philippines and the ASIA’S BEST CEO (Investor Relations) at the 4th Asian Excellence Recognition Awards 2014, given by the Corporate Governance Asia. Finalist of Asia CEO Awards Philippines by PLDT ALPHA Enterprise Global Filipino Executive of the Year in 2011; 2012 and 2013. Recipient of Asian Corporate Director of the Year Award, at the 10th Corporate Governance Asia Recognition Awards.
- Hans finished his coursework for Ph.D. Economics Program at the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA and earned his Master of Arts in Economics and Bachelor of Science in Mathematics at the University of the Philippines. He was also conferred an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Business Administration by the Western University.
Rakesh BhatiaSenior Advisor
- Rakesh is the former CEO of Catholic Syrian Bank and was previously the CEO of HSBC Indonesia.
- In a long career over two decades with HSBC, Rakesh has held a number of senior leadership positions including Global Head of Trade & Receivables Finance, and Head Strategy & Propositions, Commercial Banking Asia Pacific. Rakesh has had over 15 roles and 26 years with HSBC based in six different countries.
- Rakesh graduated with a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) from Shri Ram College of Commerce.
Ou Shian WaeiSenior Advisor
- Shian Waei is the Chairman of AIG Malaysia and is a Board Director of Alliance Financial Group. He is also a Board Director of Private Pension Administrator Malaysia.
- He has over 30 years of experience in technology across Asia with IBM including as Managing Director of IBM Malaysia.
- His past appointments include Councilor of PIKOM (now called The National ICT Association of Malaysia) (1997-1998). He was awarded the ‘Key Industry Leader Award’ in 2006 by PIKOM for his contributions to Malaysia’s IT industry. He was also the Chairman of the National International Technology Council (NITC) Taskforce for IT literacy in 1997 and Adjunct Professor for the Department of Economics & Business Administration at Universiti Putra Malaysia (1998-1999).
- Shian Waei graduated from University of Malaya with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry.
Walter KwaukSenior Advisor
- Walter is a Board Director of Alibaba Group, where he is the Chairman of the Audit Committee. He is also currently a senior consultant of Motorola Solutions (China) Co., Ltd. and serves as an independent non-executive director of Thunder Power Co. Ltd and Sinosoft Technology Group Limited among others.
- Walter was a vice president of Motorola Solutions, Inc. and its director of corporate strategic finance and tax, Asia Pacific from 2003 to 2012. He served with KPMG from 1977 to 2002 and held a number of senior positions, including the general manager of KPMG's joint venture accounting firm in Beijing, the managing partner in KPMG's Shanghai office and a partner in KPMG's Hong Kong Office.
- Walter is a member of the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He received a Bachelor's degree in Science and a Licentiate's Degree in Accounting from the University of British Columbia.
Greg KrasnovOperating Partner
- Greg is the Founder and Managing Director of Forum Capital. Prior to founding Forum Capital, Mr.Krasnov had over 10 years of international private equity experience gained at Bank of America (London, Warsaw) and Innova Capital (Warsaw), where he focused on growth and buyout transactions across Developed and Emerging Europe. Mr.Krasnov also has a highly successful Emerging Markets operational track record as Founder and CEO of Platinum Bank, Ukraine.
- Over a period of 8 years, Mr.Krasnov developed Platinum Bank from start-up stage to a leader in consumer finance in its market with ca. 4,000 employees, and achieved a 3x+ capital gain for the bank’s international private equity backers. Mr.Krasnov’s achievements have been recognized with the prestigious “Man of the Year” award in Ukraine (Finance category, 2012).
- He is also the Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the Kyiv Chapter of the Young Presidents Organization. Mr.Krasnov holds degrees from Cambridge University and Arizona State University (summa cum laude).
Kenny PowarOperating Partner
- Kenny currently advises, mentors and invests in fast growth Fintech and B2B start up technology companies, and, provides strategic consulting services to leading multinationals and service providers.
- He is also a Board Member of the Esplanade - Singapore's national performing arts centre, and has served the Young Presidents Organisation (YPO) Singapore Chapter as an Executive Committee member.
- He was formerly APAC CEO of POSSIBLE and Global CEO of BLUE. He was instrumental in merging four leading digital agencies (BLUE, Schematic, Bridge Worldwide and Quasar) to create Possible Worldwide, WPP’s largest global agency network. Under his leadership, both BLUE and POSSIBLE became the only digital agencies to win the prestigious Marketing Magazine “Agency of the Year” award in 2009 and 2012.
- Kenny has worked with some of the world’s leading financial services brands including Citibank, Barclays, Standard Chartered Bank, ANZ, Mastercard, Visa, AIA and Aviva and is an expert in helping companies accelerate growth.
- Kenny graduated from The City University in London with a Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Website disclaimer and copyright
By using our website, you accept this disclaimer in full; accordingly, if you disagree with this disclaimer or any part of this disclaimer, you must not use our website.
2. Copyright notice
2.1 Copyright (c) 2016 Fintonia Group.
All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved.
3. Licence to use website
3.1 You may:
(a) view pages from our website in a web browser;
(b) download pages from our website for caching in a web browser; and
(c) print pages from our website,
subject to the other provisions of this disclaimer.
3.2 You may only use our website for your own personal and business purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
3.3 Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
(a) republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
(b) sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
(c) show any material from our website in public;
(d) exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
(e) redistribute material from our website.
3.4 We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
4. Acceptable use
4.1 You must not:
(a) use our website in any way or take any action that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the performance, availability or accessibility of the website;
(b) use our website in any way that is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
(c) use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software;
4.2 You must not use data collected from our website to contact individuals, companies or other persons or entities.
4.3 You must ensure that all the information you supply to us through our website, or in relation to our website, is true, accurate, current, complete and non-misleading.
5. Limited warranties
5.1 We do not warrant or represent:
(a) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website;
(b) that the material on the website is up to date; or
(c) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
5.2 We reserve the right to discontinue or alter any or all of our website services, and to stop publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; and save to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer, you will not be entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of any website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
5.3 To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law and subject to Section 6.1, we exclude all representations and warranties relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, our website and the use of our website.
6. Limitations and exclusions of liability
6.1 Nothing in this disclaimer will:
(a) limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
(b) limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
(d) exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
6.2 The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this Section 7 and elsewhere in this disclaimer:
(a) are subject to Section 6.1; and
(b) govern all liabilities arising under this disclaimer or relating to the subject matter of this disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided otherwise in this disclaimer.
6.3 To the extent that our website and the information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
6.4 We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
6.5 We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
6.6 We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database or software.
6.7 We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage.
6.8 You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our officers and employees and, having regard to that interest, you acknowledge that we are a limited liability entity; you agree that you will not bring any claim personally against our officers or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with the website or this disclaimer (this will not, of course, limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the acts and omissions of our officers and employees).
7.1 We may revise this disclaimer from time to time.
7.2 The revised disclaimer shall apply to the use of our website from the time of publication of the revised disclaimer on the website.